1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As examples of law enforcement, I notice.....

Discussion in 'Work permits' started by FedUp, 30 Apr 2014.

1. FedUp

FedUp Thread Starter New Member

Piggy backing on my more case specific discussions, it dawned on me the following:

-A recent thread about the medical certificate required for a Work Permit. One office says this, another that, and it may vary from actual clerk who handles your paperwork and supervisor who signs off(or rejects) same. I'm sure it's clear in the written law.

-Corporal Punishment - A topic farangs don't like to talk about, but it is in fact illegal in Thai schools. However, as many know, a lot of teachers still carry sticks and use them on students, sometimes in full view of classes(at assembly) not to mention classmates inside the classroom. I know this is illegal but a "law" not enforced.

-Prostitution - Still out in the open market in Bangkok, tourist and Thai areas, and almost epidemic in that dreadful place called "Pattaya". It's against the law but said law isn't enforced.

So, back to my other point and inquiry about TCT and Work Permits. One has to feel uncomfortable knowing a "law" may be enforced against her based only on who knows who and their mood at that moment. An awful situation to be in and work under.

2. NODIIT

NODIIT Well-Known Member

Is that not always the case when you are cheating?

I don't understand what you expect here.
    I understand and I get your point but hey! Mum always told me "you can cheat but you can't get caught".

Sorry, I don't see how the debate can go futher :confused:

3. FedUp

FedUp Thread Starter New Member

I'm not cheating. Where are you coming from mate? Schools aren't even open and specifically speaking on the other threads I made it clear the WP was applied for and is pending. We, on this forum, don't know for how long someone is pending etc..

4. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

so book a ticket and move to greener pastures. Every single country in the world has its negative points.

5. Mister T

Mister T Retired, fat and happy

If I remember correctly, when Fedup first registered on the other channel, the term 'bush lawyer' applied.

6. NODIIT

NODIIT Well-Known Member

Sorry, I probably misundertsand you but I was speaking generally, not specically (because your post was general right?)
    Still, I don't see where we are going from here.

Again I agree, but what can we do?
    I mean, I really wish we can help each other about all these issues but the true is: we can't.

Just try to do our best and follow the rule...