1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you in an area that can be considered dangerous?

Discussion in 'Residing in Thailand' started by sirchai, 13 Aug 2016.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I've just received a warning from my embassy to be careful and thought about how safe my place really is. It seems that the color of the shirts here makes our city to a peaceful place.

Almost no tourism does thew rest. A European friend's friend wrote in an e-mail that there's a high possibility that the good guy and his minions were the bad guys. It's getting pretty weird now.

Stay safe.

Aktuelle Situation in Thailand

[​IMG]
    noreply@info.auswaertiges-amt.de

|
    Sa 12:42

Sehr geehrte Mitbürgerinnen und Mitbürger,

in den letzten Stunden ereigneten sich in ganz Thailand mehrere Bombenanschläge. Weitere Bombenanschläge sind derzeit nicht auszuschließen. Wir bitten Sie aus diesem Grund, besonders wachsam zu sein, meiden Sie größere Menschenansammlungen.
    Verfolgen Sie die örtlichen Medien aufmerksam und leisten Sie den Anordnungen der örtlichen Behörden Folge.
    Das Auswärtige Amt aktualisiert die Reise- und Sicherheitshinweise fortlaufend. Bitte beachten Sie die Hinweise auf Auswärtiges Amt - Reise- und Sicherheitshinweise - Thailand: Reise- und Sicherheitshinweise daher regelmäßig.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Ihr Botschaftsteam

Diese E-Mail wurde automatisch generiert. Bitte antworten Sie nicht auf diese E-Mail. Bitte wenden Sie sich bei Fragen oder Problemen an die für Sie zuständige Auslandsvertretung.

2. po3try

po3try Well-Known Member

I'm in an area well known for it's yaba dealing but I can't imagine we'd be a victim of terrorism :cheers

sirchai likes this.
  3. sirchai

The "irony" of this thread is that not too long ago, I had to warn my sister not to go out if it's not necessary ( she lives in the German city where one of the jihad attack took place) and only two/three weeks later she warned me to better stay at home and be careful.

What really scares me most is to see the good guy on TV and to listen to his pedantic speech.

4. sirchai

I bet that you can buy that shit cheaper in Sisaket. Two weeks ago when I bought a train ticket to Bangkok for a friend, an older lady approached me and offered me "nueng met saam reu haazip" baht.

All I said to her was that I'm not into bababobo stuff and I might consider to call Prayuth in person.

I had no idea that old women could run that fast.......:go10

5. chuachinsoon

chuachinsoon Well-Known Member

rofl

6. Tonyja

Tonyja Well-Known Member

350 for 1 crazy pill in the sticks?
    Double pricing there mate.

7. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

My wife currently avoids busy places such as evening markets. :lost it We live in Mueang Phetchaburi.

8. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Nothing ever happens in my town and crime is low too thanks to some very large criminal figures here that well keep the crime that affects you and me low lol. Its about the safest place I've ever lived in my life but then I lived in some right shitholes in the UK west of Landan.

sirchai likes this.
  9. professeur

professeur Well-Known Member

I just spotted a centipede approximately the length of a ruler skid under my fence. Now there's something to worry about!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! likes this.
  10. Mister T

Mister T Retired, fat and happy

The bar area where the bombs were in Hua Hin, is also the same place as where the drunken Welsh family were knocked around a few months ago. Myself and a few of my mates go there on a regular basis, we have never felt in danger, even at two in the morning. The bar and restaurant owners are the ones who are suffering because of political idiots. Police headquarters is the next street over and would be easily hit if it were extremists. Square face is behind it, either directly or by some of his cronies.

11. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Correct Po as there is NO terroism in Thailand, only "local sabotage" lol.

Maybe, maybe not ...I keep reading stories via what is interpreted from the gov. that yes it is and then no it isn't ... and they know who it is but not telling ...time will tell. But to bang on about it: Southern seperatists wanting their obvious is political and is terrorism ....Red shirts umm political and umm well terrorism again. Gotta love these gov. PR games eh as I just think they are making themselves look more foolish and inept by the hour.

12. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Our school is at the south foot of Pra Nakorn Khiri Historical Park, a 96 m high mountain with the summer palace of King Rama IV.

Our department is also at that side when I saw several soldiers patrolling the foot of the mountain.

I went over to ask what was going on. Luckily no threat of bomb attacks but the Crown Prince visiting the park.

sirchai likes this.
  13. sirchai

Some soldier checkpoints are back in Sisaket. But not as intensive as it was before.

Have you ever heard of "Fofo's" birthday party? It's worth a Google.