1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Applying in person for a TCT waiver?

Discussion in 'Work permits' started by Clown, 7 Sep 2016.

1. Clown

Clown Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Errm, which bus from Mochit or Victory Monument will stop by Krusapha?

Q2: can I hope for same-hour, same-day or same-week service? It's make or break time as Immigration insists on having 2 weeks time left on one's B-Visa.

Q3: what happened to the Thai Culture Course?? Was it scrapped, suspended or is that something I would have to do prior to applying at Krusapha??

2. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

a1. if it's make or break then take a taxi.

Stamp has made many posts on this and will no doubt provide the links

Teachers' Council of Thailand (TCT) accredits 6 institutions for the Thai Culture Course | Thailand Teaching Asia - Living and Teaching in Thailand

if he doesn't

3. Ajarn Greg

Ajarn Greg Well-Known Member

Thai culture course remains a requirement.
    My question is why your school doesn't send the papers by EMS?

4. Hey_ewe

Hey_ewe Well-Known Member

You do tend to get your waiver a little bit quicker if you go in person, you also get a receipt which the labour office have been known to accept in lieu of a waiver letter. I have no idea on the bus routes but its probably 100 or so in a taxi. I'd be willing to pay that in order to arrive fresh and sweat free.

5. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

If you go with an 'important' Thai colleague, it can be done the same day provided the signing KSP official is in. Otherwise it may take up to 30 days. This is also written in their requirements document.

Currently, the offered Thai Culture Courses are only open to holders of a degree in education or equivalent.

6. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Lol and not being constructive to the thread ....I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than go there in person. However, the gloved man from what I have heard is a pure joy to deal with lol.

7. Stamp

Let's wait for sirchai to chime in. He's great experiences with the gloved man!

sirchai likes this.
  8. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

He's the friendliest Thai I've ever met in my 15 years here. Surrounded by little stickers saying: " We love teachers", this freak doesn't seem to have a problem to shout at you, if he believes that you shouldn't have changed schools.

Or perhaps, he assumes that your degree isn't education related and starts shouting: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo teechaaaaaaaaa

His gloves then come closer and closer and you can feel them at your throat and you're breathless.

Please see photograph, sad that you can't see the white gloves. Really scary shite.

You've been warned.

The friendly Khurusapha clown.jpg

9. Stamp

Guess I was very lucky then when I applied for renewal of my teacher license on 5 April 2016.

sirchai likes this.
  10. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

I also took a number, then had a chat with a school director who pointed out that there's some coffee in the corner.

I just had my coffee ready when my number was called and I took the cup with me and had a lot of documents in the other hand. Then the sin.....I put the cup on the little board in front of his counter and he freaked out.

Then he saw that I applied for a new school and started shouting : Noooooooooooooooo teeechaaaa, you noooo have degreee in edcationnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

My degree in Social pedagogic is indeed a sort of education related, but gloffy didn't get that. Maybe others would have left the office with such bad news, but I pointed it out that I did study educational units and the lady took over.

I was so happy when he gave my documents to a lady who even googled my university, but was a little bit surprised as she couldn't read German. ( I've got the degree translated in Thai and certified)

She immediately told me that I could pick my waiver up 2 hours later and told me that she'll check if I'm entitled for the full license.

When I came back I had again the gloved freak and couldn't even ask the friendly woman about her research. I could see the hate in his eyes and really started to dislike him. I took my waiver and left this idiot.

For those who encounter problems just because of the gloved guy, please try to have a second opinion with one of the other employees. He really is a psychopath.