1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Applying for waiver....

Discussion in 'Teacher Licensing (TCT)' started by spidey, 6 Nov 2016.

1. spidey

spidey Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I finished the IFUAGO course a few months back. I have the cert, I have a real degree and my school is just now starting the process of applying for what I THINK is a waiver.....though I am not sure they know what the hell they are doing (TIT). I have not yet completed the Thai Culture Course, this is why I am applying for a waiver....or assume I am. My school handed me a piece of paper with a list on it. My missus read it and "you need to give them your teachers licence cert from Karusapa" :duh......This is going to be interesting. I obviously need to explain to them that I need WAIVER!!!....

Also, my wife is a teacher. She has a 'friend' at her school that has apparently organised visa's/workpermits whatever at her school. She has informed my wife that I need to get off my NON 'O" Marriage visa and switch to a NON B!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I could just do the whole process on my NON O?????

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have been down this road so many times in Thailand...dealing with bearocracy, people that give you wrong info.....people that try to help but end up F**king everything up and you're back to square one.....You know the drill

Cheers!

2. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Like you say Spidey, no culture course done yet so not all the ducks in a row thus yep it will be a waiver you are going for.

Hmmm, not on a non 'O', that I am not sure about ...but why would it make a difference if you already have a work permit for your job (I presume you have)?

Sorry can't be of more help, hope other members can.

:very sad:runaround:confused:cursing

spidey likes this.
  3. spidey

No wp.....as yet....:cool

4. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Ahh, so 'technically' you are applying for a 'new' job. It has been said that you can obtain a waiver and WP on an 'O' (some recent threads on this here in TT so have a look) but one criteria you must have is a contract for 40,000 baht pcm or more on an 'O' visa(afaik so please check this too).

Worse comes to worse, go on a 'B' which you can get on the strength of having the waiver and contract from school regardless of salary and thus WP forthcoming and bingo all legal.

Oh blimey, good luck with the TCT.

spidey likes this.
  5. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

I really understand your frustration, but you should see the positive sides. You’ve already left the IFUGAO behind you and you’ve got your degree. I’ve started mine in January, will finish next month but have to wait until next May to get my Diploma? Okay, a different story…

I’ve just recently checked on TCT’s website and the last post about the TCC was two years old. I don’t see a problem for you, even if they want to see such a certificate.

I’ve worked on a Non-O with a valid work permit and you shouldn’t listen to too many Thais who act like they know all and everything, it sometimes depends on how good the school’s connections to the TCT are.

By law you’re allowed to work on a Non- O visa, so why don’t you go to Khurusapha in person and apply for a teacher’s license? They might issue one without any further headache and want to see your marriage certificate. (Always good to have the original and a copy of it)

The reason why it’s much better to go there in person is that they just let your application sit somewhere if only one document is missing. And they usually don’t inform you or the school what’s needed.

Good luck !

spidey likes this.
  6. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Below are the AFAIK the still applicable requirements.

คุรุสภา

spidey likes this.
  7. Mister T

Mister T Retired, fat and happy

I was on a non o marriage and working for eight years, never had a problem with work permits. Always had the 400k in the bank for the visa. This also means you are not held over by the whims of the school to stay in Thailand like you are on a non b.

spidey likes this.
  8. spidey

Yeah, that is a MASSIVE advantage and one I wont give up easily! I wouldnt mind freeing up some of my money though and using the 40,000 per month route as opposed to the 400,000 per year...

9. spidey

Cheers Stamp, I know that link has probably been shared with me before.....but its a Sunday morning...well, afternoon now and I have a hangover. You are very helpful to all. I appreciate your patience. It will all work out in the end..... Just want to try and make it as smooth as I can on this bumpy road of a life we have here.

Cheers!

sirchai and Stamp like this.
  10. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

I believe, you're all good.

The wait is for the TCCs and you'll be able to apply for the teacher license!

11. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Your hangover should be gone by now, I hope. It's nice to see posts where people actually realize that we're all in the same boat.

Thanks to Stamp for his patience and all the great posts/members and the usually superb advice.

You don't experience that on the other side.

And there's no Noah's Arche for any of us. But apparently some aches from all the bs we all have to go through, not just the ones caused by some alcohol.

I've just recently had a pretty rough time where I was even thinking about throwing all away but finally realized that positive thinking helps a lot.

I started to smile when others cry and sometimes cry when others smile.

I've got a loving wife, a nice pick up truck, a beautiful and big enough house to live in, a few friends and I'm able to eat out whenever I want to.

Would I go back to my country of origin, I'd be Mr. Nobody and I'd have to apply for Hartz 4, the German version of social help and possibly live at a place for homeless people. But my home is here.

Nope, that's not going to happen.

It could be much worse...... Cheers and best of luck from the lower northeast.

spidey and Ajarn P. Paul like this.