1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone exercise here?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Internationalteacher, 12 Feb 2017.

1. Internationalteacher

Internationalteacher Thread Starter Well-Known Member

So I joined a gym/spa in November and I've been going quite regularly except for missing almost a month in Dec/Jan due to holidays and getting sick. I have been reading loads of stuff on how to increase my strength/cardio and decided that I'm now going to do three days of continous training and three days of interval training (bike or treadmill). HIIT is great in that you can do get the same benefits from a 60 minute workout in 20-30 minutes. I also do weights and train back/chest two days a week and legs/arms twice a week. Do any of you train or workout?

This article talks about combing steady state cardio and HIIT (High Interval Intensity training).

Best Method for Fat Loss | FitnessRX for Women
    (lots of interesting articles on that site)

I'm determined to slim down and get really fit in the next four months. Last summer I did a 200km bike ride in Canada (broken up into 50km per day for four days). This summer I plan on doing even more biking.

2. Internationalteacher

So I will keep myself accountable on this thread, even if no one else does. lol

Today I'm doing 20 minutes HIIT on the bike.
    30 seconds (as fast as I can), and two minutes at 50-60% of my maximum heart rate (repeat 10 times).

Also doing back/chest and abs. Rest day will be Wednesday and this week's goal is to do cardio six days. Phew! Time to amp it up, baby!!

:bouncing

3. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

It's really time for me to start over again. Please have a look here and you might find a few very interesting ideas.

Swimming is one of the best exercises for your body. You can do so many exercises at home and the right nutrition is as important as the exercises you are doing.

Listen to your preferred music and the exercises make a lot more fun. :thumbs up

Internationalteacher likes this.
  4. Internationalteacher

^Cheers for the book, Sirchai! Swimming is great. My gym has a pool and I swim once a week at least. Start over again? Did you quit for awhile? Today I did what I set out to do. I screwed it up by eating a piece of cake tonight though. lol. I eat very healthy during the week though, and usually give myself a cheat day/meal which I guess was today. ;)

sirchai likes this.
  5. sirchai

Well, I've got to be honest now. When I was still at my former school, daily exercises in my house on campus were the norm.

I've got some weights, know several techniques how to build my body up, but became pretty lazy and basically stopped doing exercises.

It's really time for me to start over again before I need to wear a bra.......:cool

I've just met a 59-year-old Thai woman at our pool place married to a foreigner with zero grams of fat.

That gave me some thoughts to wake up. Once you're in your routine, it's like a drug and you need it.

6. Internationalteacher

^Yeah, get back at it.. I know I sure had to back in November. So, was it the Thai woman with zero fat or the foreign man? I feel like many Asian women are tiny and basically not sure how that is sometimes , when I see them eat.. lol. Genetics plays a part I guess. I need to work hard to beat genetics and also as we age, our metabolism slows down. That book is fantastic, thanks buddy.

sirchai likes this.
  7. sirchai

Dear IT,

I know that you don't have space on your machine, so please have a look what you're trying to develop.

Just be easy on you in the beginning and make sure that you've always got the right amount of fluid and the right nutrition.

P.S. The Thai woman had the fantastic body, well trained without a gram of fat. I didn't see her husband.

Attached Files:

8. Internationalteacher

^Awesome! Thanks! I've been wondering why Asians are generally thinner than westerners and came across a great article for anyone interested. A lot of it is what they eat and even if they eat more it seems (to me, anyway), than westerners, they are also consuming a lot more fish and less wheat and junk food.
    You're Fat. Asians Aren't. Here's Why. | T Nation

So my school has an olympic sized swimming pool that just recently reopened as they were doing renovations since last year. I am going to get up at 6:15am and swim for thirty minutes tomorrow. I will do it two to three times a week.

What will you be doing tomorrow, everyone?

9. sirchai

I'll get a haircut tomorrow, then try to get the interview done and then prepare all the stuff for this week, including lesson plans.

That's really good luck to have such a pool, swimming is something I love to do. There's a huge pool at the local high school, for teachers only 10 baht.

Swimming seems to be the best exercise and you'll find your own personal way when to do what exercise.

The side effect that your body's producing more Adrenaline is something fantastic. Some :innocent2meditation and you're good to go and nothing can bother you. :thumbs up

Once you're used to your routine you can try 40 then 60 minutes a day. You might feel all your muscles but that's only in the beginning.

Your post is interesting and I never really saw fat Thais 20 + years ago. They just didn't exist.

These days you can see plenty of really big guys and gals, holy cow. 40 % obesity of primary students at my former school was really shocking.

I taught them not to eat junk food, at the same time did all the shops in front of the school, including the one on campus mostly sell some nasty and deep fried junk food and of course the usual rip off coke.

It's basically 80 % ice with some cheap Coke like stuff. Or the red and green I don't know what soft drinks.

Thais have also increased in size and many Thais are taller just because they started to drink milk.

I think ( without wanting to Google it now) that the Dutch have the tallest people on this planet and considering their fantastic cheese and other milk products really understandable.

Have a great week. :cold

10. DavidUSA

DavidUSA την σκαφην σκαφην λεγοντας

I exercise every day, especially on the weekends in the evenings. I do a 16-ounce curl about two hundred times, and I also do a 1-ounce curl. It is important to work both sides of the body, so I like to use both hands. Sometimes I work in a 2-ounce curl and and a 32-ounce curl too. It is like the Olympics: it takes focus, dedication, and commitment.

11. Internationalteacher

True times are a changing. It is all that western fast food and laziness.

Did my swimming this morning 630-7:00, And also to the gym after school for another 30 minutes cardio and weights for back /chest/legs.

Looking into doing a fitness bootcamp in Hua Hin in June actually! :)

And have decided to break from this forum for awhile. zzzzzz..

Last edited: 13 Feb 2017
    sirchai likes this.
  12. sirchai

I've started over today and lifted my short bars for about 50 times. But that's no reason for you to stop posting here, na khrap.

13. Internationalteacher

^Cool that you are starting again. Nah, taking a break because I am so focused on keeping to my program and getting things sorted for my upcoming move. I'll check in when I can!

sirchai likes this.
  14. sirchai

I'm pretty sure that it would be great fun to work with you at the same school. Let me know should they take somebody like me.

Interesting to see that none has touched any books, excluding two who seem to want to work at their biceps.

The other downloads were from you, am I right? The books that I've uploaded seem to have a disease, nobody was even trying to have a look at them.

And there are some good books. Just take it with some salt.

Last edited: 13 Feb 2017
  15. gungchang

gungchang Well-Known Member

My apt. is on the 4th floor and my classes are the 4th floor.
    My exercise is walking between buildings and up stairs.

Internationalteacher and sirchai like this.