1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annual tax statement

Discussion in 'Tax issues' started by colonol, 2 Feb 2015.

1. chuachinsoon

chuachinsoon Well-Known Member

luibkk, you got yours already?!!! I'm expecting mine at the end of the month. According to the tax office, we're supposed to get that form not later by the 15th of February, but with the multiple layers of bureaucracy at my school, where the new teachers (from May 2014) haven't gotten their Social Security cards yet, ...

2. luibkk

luibkk Well-Known Member

Not yet. I asked our financial officer for it yesterday but she's always so busy it may take 2 weeks before I get it.To make things more complicated I also need the same form from my old school which I worked for from Jan to Apr last year. I've sent an email to a colleague at the school this morning to ask admin to send the statement to my new location. Hope I'll get it soon.

3. lite.felix

lite.felix New Member

What happens if the school fails to produce this tax document (statement) for any reason? Are they breaking the law? What course of action could an employee take?

4. luibkk

luibkk Well-Known Member

I decided to take matters in my own hand and altered an old form of a different school. Just changed school name, addresses, amounts of salary and tax and of course director's name and presented it to our financial officer to get it signed by the director. Now I have this form from my current school but I am still lacking the form from my old school. I am on my way to the revenue department to find out what I can do about it. If I am lucky, they may be able to see the withheld tax in their database.

5. chuachinsoon

chuachinsoon Well-Known Member

Yes, they're breaking the law. What course of action? Report it to the tax office, I think. The officers here in Khon Kaen are friendly and helpful. Don't know about those in other provinces/cities.

6. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Solid advice. I'm sure when they call the school, the form will come up.