1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A visit to the local hospital a moment ago....

Discussion in 'Residing in Thailand' started by sirchai, 29 Jan 2017.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Sabai dee?

I'm still trying to get all points together that went wrong this morning when I went to the local hospital to get treatment for a really serious and nasty flu with all the usual symptoms.

The first thing I've realized was that my name on my new SS was again changed to something that scrambled my middle name and first name to something that gave me a real funny sounding name.

The years before I only had my first and middle name on it and finally gave up on trying to get that straight.

I luckily had my old card with me and could proof that I'm the one they've got in their system.

"Phuut Passa Thai Gaeng maak" way too many times, in my own opinion. Then a female doctor with zero English skills, but no problem, I could definitely tell her what's wrong with me and things went quite smoothly.

I should have known better and should have taken Antibiotics when all started on Friday right after school. I was very politely asking if it would be okay to skip two days of work which she agreed with.

But when I saw the certificate I wanted to cry. Today, the 29th of January, plus Monday the 30th were the two days, instead of the 30th and 31st. And she made my 4 years older and wrote 60 years on top of the certificate.

I had to go to back to the counter where I received my OPD card and wait again.

The younger woman then changed my age, but not my name, gave me a new hospital card, but kept my SS card.

I had to beg her five times to give me my SS card back, but she just said that I'd already have a new hospital card and the conversation seemed to be very funny for the guys waiting behind and next to me.

It took about ten minutes to get my SS card back and I went to see the doctor again, thinking that she just made a little mistake with the dates.

But she's already on her way out for her lunch and was not in the mood to help me out. Come back tomorrow if you don't feel well was all I could achieve.

I understood that she wasn't willing to go back and switch the damn PC on, which was the whole problem.

Then to the medicine counter receiving 7 different medications, including tabs I should not take after some research at home.

Okay, won't be at school tomorrow and might just tell them that I'm sick and come back on Wednesday.

I was just wondering how anybody could master such a situation without the ability to speak the language? Oh, of course, you'll have to take your Teerak with you.

My Sunday morning turned a little bit sour for my taste. But it could be worse. :cold:cursing:cold

2. portnoy58

portnoy58 Well-Known Member

I hope you get well soon. You hint at the solution - buy antibiotics @ the local chemist. Not necessarily a great remedy possibly rest, vitamin C, lots of water... however head back tomorrow afternoon if you're not feeling any better and get another certificate.

Sent from my EVA-AL00 using Tapatalk

sirchai likes this.
  3. Ajarn P. Paul

Ajarn P. Paul มันเป็นวันที่น่าเศร้าในวันนี้ในประเทศไทย ...

That is an option for some.

....."really serious and nasty flu with all the usual symptoms", usually takes about a whole week's time to recover.

I wish you speedy recovery, though.

sirchai likes this.
  4. sirchai

Thanks a lot for your nice post. I thought about it and it's way easier than I first thought.

I could just stay at home and tell them that I'm sick, which I really am and come back on Wednesday.

Or I could go to my doctor's clinic and get a "better certificate."

But I don't need a certificate, it's only needed when you hit the 3-day mark of being absent.

Thanks and a lovely Sunday.- :confused

5. sirchai

Thank you maak maak. It already started on Friday at school and it was hard to do the 4 lessons. So I'll follow your advice and eat a lot of fruits and Antibiotics only.

I've got so many other pills, that's amazing.

I might open up a drug store soon. Does anybody need any drugs? Oh, damn, won't get a work permit for it, will I?

Have a wonderful week, I think I'll be back on Wednesday.

There's no way to listen to the noise with fever and all the other symptoms.

6. Internationalteacher

Internationalteacher Well-Known Member

Hope you feel better, sirchai. Lots of rest, liquids and vitamin C. Antibiotics is not good for the flu.

Sounds like quite an experience you've had.

sirchai likes this.
  7. sirchai

Thanks a lot for the heads up. It would have been fun, but not when you're sick.

Thanks for the tips, I'm afraid I need to take Antibiotics to fight a Tonsilitis.

The doctors are so well trained that she told me to come back in 2 days if it doesn't get better.

Then they will make a blood test if I've got a more serious disease from our beloved mosquitoes. :confused

A good night and a great week. :cold

Internationalteacher likes this.