1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A hopefully great and funny lesson for beginners of English..

Discussion in 'Classroom' started by sirchai, 19 Feb 2017.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hello and Sawasdee khrap.

I have to admit that the first worksheet is not self-made and from the net. I was just thinking about a fun lesson for my grade six students I only see once a week and most of them come from very poor families. And their English is as poor as their families.

The majority can't even answer simple questions and too many lessons were canceled this year that I basically taught them only five or six hours.

Plenty of Boy scout lessons, pre and post tests, plus other activities seem to be more important for the superiors of the school.

This lesson is for those students who hardly understand English. On the first page, they have to find the first or the last name of a person. That's only to get them familiar with the "real assignment" that's on page two.

The second page was done in only two minutes and I'm sure it will be a lot of fun because they can win a DVD with plenty of good movies.

But they have to politely ask me first, then go to our Thai, then to our Filipino teachers and ask them, but only using English is allowed. Of course, will quite a lot cheat, but that's normal.

I really feel sorry for them because their Thai English teacher's using 95 % Thai in her English lessons and they all copy from two or three students in each class.

But nobody even knows what they copy into their English books and how to pronounce the words. There are many other ways that lead to Rome. I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you guys know.

Attached Files: