1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A good sounding job offer

Discussion in 'Teaching Jobs You Know Of' started by sirchai, 21 Dec 2016.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Teachers for 2017-18 Academic Year
    Full Time Position

King Mongkut's International Demonstration School (KMIDS)
    Bangkok
    At least 70,000 Baht/month
    kmids.hr@kmitl.ac.th
    King Mongkut’s International Demonstration School (KMIDS) is recruiting talented and passionate applicants for full-time teaching positions for the 2017-18 academic year. Successful applicants will be offered a renewable contract for up to three years with competitive salary and benefits. Apply now.

King Mongkut’s International Demonstration School (KMIDS) is recruiting full-time teachers for the 2017-18 academic year. KMIDS offers high-quality international education based on the American curriculum with emphasis in science and technology. The school aims not to only produce world-class innovators but also global leaders who will be making significant impacts to the society in the future. Our teachers play a vital role by empowering the students to accomplish their full potential by challenging them to apply their knowledge beyond the walls of the classroom. We would like to invite talented, passionate, and inspirational candidates to apply by sending their resume and a cover letter to kmids.hr@kmitl.ac.th

Minimum Requirements:
    • Fluent English speaker
    • Holds a Bachelor’s degree in the teaching subject applied for
    • Prior teaching experience will be given special consideration

Estimated start date:
    • January, March, and June 2017

The school offers:
    • Up to three years renewable contract
    • Competitive salary (based on qualification and teaching experience)
    • Housing allowance
    • Medical insurance
    • Airfare reimbursement
    • On-going professional development
    • Discounted tuition for legal dependents

For more information please contact our HR officer at kmids.hr@kmitl.ac.th

P.S. I've applied for the position a few minutes ago, BF doesn't that sound good to you?

You were the first who came to my mind when reading the details.

Teachers for 2017-18 Academic Year at King Mongkut's International Demonstration School (KMIDS) | Teaching English in Thailand

Last edited: 21 Dec 2016
  2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Nice job indeed. :thumbs up

sirchai likes this.
  3. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

Thank you sirchai for thinking of me. It looks like a lovely job, good luck with your application. Right now I'm concentrating on my MA and do not want to 'spread myself too thinly'.

Thank you once again, let us now how you application goes.

sirchai likes this.
  4. DavidUSA

DavidUSA Well-Known Member

The awkward, clichéd, and overblown language makes one think.
    The US produces world-class innovators galore, and global leaders--who may not lead well, but that is another conversation. Why is the US a center for both? What is it that drives and nurtures such people?

Freedom to say and do what you wish
    Cut-throat competition
    Real opportunities to become wealthy on your own
    A strong work ethic
    Ad hoc rules
    Ad hoc teams
    Allowance for failure
    High academic standards
    A history of academic achievement in the family
    Not settling for second place

5. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Nice job Sirchai ....only one drawback: Can you live in the big mango after baanok?
    :go10:runaround:go2

sirchai likes this.
  6. stfranalum

stfranalum Well-Known Member

thats not a bad package. the rubber meets the road when it comes to how much paper pushing they want you to do- aka- how much out of the classroom work will there be? lesson plans handwritten in duplicate (ive had that in los) and parents meetings twice monthly (ive also had that in los)

if the management were decent and supportive, id say thats a decent gig.

sirchai and DavidUSA like this.
  7. SageAdvice

SageAdvice Well-Known Member

...and I'd say that's huge "if"...

8. stfranalum

stfranalum Well-Known Member

gate duty, followed by 27 hours in the classroom followed by tedious lesson planning (completed during 30 minute interludes where you're not teaching) followed by staff meetings followed by requests for after school clubs...could all spell out to a 7am-5pm job that leaves you dazed and nursing beers on any given day. that 30kbaht you save would be hard won thats for sure.

9. sirchai

You really hit the nail right on its head. To be honest I can't answer this question right now. It's only one of a few jobs that " look good at first sight", but you never know.

I think I'm way too Isaaned to live in the "Men Eating City."

Gor Blimey Guvnur! likes this.
  10. muppetminder

muppetminder Active Member

It's not in Bangkok, it's in Lat Krabang near the airport out by Concordia. It's a nightmare commute from the city I would suppose. 1.5 hours door to door even if you live close-ish on the MRT line. The school looks like b60 mototaxi from the airport link stop, it might even be too far and need proper taxi.

I'm sure for that money you're looking at sixty hours a week plus commute

sirchai likes this.
  11. Ajarn Greg

Ajarn Greg Well-Known Member

And why not to stay near school and take a ride to the city center when it is needed?

It's up to the qualifications and negotiations

sirchai likes this.
  12. sirchai

And some guys here even drive a car......:cheers

13. sirchai

I used to live in my wife's village for a whole year when I settled down. I went to the rice fields in the early morning hours after a questionable breakfast.

We usually came home at 5, or 6 pm, a shower, some Lao Khao, the soap operas and then bedtime. What a boring life that is. Not even a good telephone connection....

I liked the life for a while, but I wouldn't want a house in a village. I could stay at mom and dad in law's house for free, but no ten buffaloes could get me there.

Even my wife and our 18-year-old do not like the village life anymore, too used to the city.

Unfortunately, could I not live in a village anymore. This time is over. No more excitement about rice fields.

Even when Sisaket's not necessarily the biggest city, I prefer not to have any buffalo shit on my tires.

14. muppetminder

muppetminder Active Member

I don't know about you but I have found negotiating a fairly one way street, take it or leave it. I've had my schedule adjusted twice at two different schools but if you're thinking your going to have whole courses dropped or not participate in extracurricular activities that is doubtful. Even doubt homeroom would be up for discussion if that's what the plan is for you. They are willing to pay top dollar and the ad is extremely vague. I presume it is a shit ton of work.

Early starts might be negotiated if you already live in Bangkok.

Yes, I realize some of you are hobos and move as you change jobs. I like Bangkok and would have no intention of leaving my lifestyle for a job near the airport. Especially not the first 18 months.

While there is nothing to do there, but it's hardly a cow pasture. It's city sprawl, suburbs and industrial estates. What a bunch of bumpkins. The airport link would get you into the city in 20 minutes from Lat Krabang to Makkassan where you'd then need to pick up MRT. You would not be able to use it to get back home after a night at the pubs. Stops at midnight I believe.

Airport link also suffering from technical problems and is often overcrowded in peak hours.

Finally, a car in Bangkok. Enjoy, lol. Double the commute time.

sirchai likes this.
  15. SageAdvice

SageAdvice Well-Known Member

There seems to be some doubt as to whether this job is as enticing as it at first appears: it's almost as if there is a basic wariness concerning the relationship between local job adverts and real life. Once burned...as they say.