1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 NES teachers needed at Horwang Lad Prao

Discussion in 'Teaching Jobs You Know Of' started by SundayJam, 20 Apr 2016.

1. SundayJam

SundayJam Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Horwang Lad Prao needs 4 NES teachers.

Pay: 40,000 per month + 8,000 housing allowance.

Contract is paid: May 2, 2016 - March 31, 2017

Apply and Demo: Friday, April 22 at the school.

gungchang, Mati and Stamp like this.
  2. gungchang

gungchang Well-Known Member

It's a shame about the 11 month contracts.

I still remember meeting what appeared to be quite an interesting cast of characters.

3. SundayJam

It's an eleven month contract because they couldn't find any new NES teachers to replace ones that have left. The contract begins when you sign the contract...which will be May 2.

Everyone complains about salary. Well, here's a guaranteed contract to pay just shy of 50k per month. All ya gotta do is show up tomorrow and prove you can teach.

Mati and bahn_farang like this.
  4. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

I don't follow. Is the normal contract from 1 Apr - 31 Mar & some teachers left early? Or do you mean it's normally a 10 month contract? :confused

5. SundayJam

When gungchang said, it's a shame, it implied that the contract was shortened...and it was. The normal contract is April 1 - March 31. Yes, 4 teachers did not want to return. Well, one may yet....he's undecided.

I don't know how many NES teachers applied. I know many non-NES teachers applied and the majority of our staff is non-NES. Perhaps if they gave me a raise and a management title with a lightened teaching load, I could help them manage this situation a little better instead of last minute.

6. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Are you new to teaching that you're surprised about such "last minute decisions?"

Could you give us only one reason why you believe that you're the one who could fix the sinking boat, please?

Sorry to say that, but wanting a "management title" sounds like a person with very low self esteem to me.

Oh, I get it. You're the one who's looking for teachers for them. Congratulations for being such a great educator.

7. gungchang

Them's fightin' wordz!
    SJ doesn't need anybody to speak for him, and I won't.
    You've struck me as being way out of line, though.

portnoy58 likes this.
  8. portnoy58

portnoy58 Well-Known Member

We get rid of an idiot and no sooner is he gone than another one jumps into replace him. Gungchang I agree with you.

sirchai, trnwrk and kruhjoe like this.
  9. SundayJam

LOL...I think Sirchai is confused. Posting a job ad on this forum 2 days before a demo is hardly helping them...and the ship is not sinking. I'm saying I'd help them for a fee...not for free. Yes, I could manage this situation better. It really isn't rocket science.

I met gungchang at the demo last year. Did I strike you as having low self esteem?

10. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Sirchai is thinking he's still on Thai Visa. A great guy brainwashed by other posters on that forum. Get back to earth, Sirchai. Which is TTA!

sirchai and portnoy58 like this.
  11. gungchang

You came off as being ultra competent and confident - and helpful.
    Of course, it could have been a facade . . .
    I don't know if I'll return next January or a year from January, or in July 2018. Not that it matters, my soc sec precludes me from working full time until 2019. Still, it would be nice to visit. HW has quite a cast of characters. I still remember teaching a class in a superman wetsuit.

12. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry for my very ignorant and very stupid post. My sincere apologies, won't happen again.

13. portnoy58

portnoy58 Well-Known Member

TTA is a very pleasant place where most contributors behave like decent human beings and treat each other with a degree of respect and dignity. Pretty unique and amazing in some respects. You should have a good scan of threads and posts. As well as learning a lot, you will see that conflagration is the exception not the norm here. In fact there is rather a lot of humour and fun here which surely befits a group of educators.

sirchai likes this.
  14. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

:thai wai

15. DavidUSA

DavidUSA Well-Known Member

For Thailand, 40,000 + 8,000 is good pay.

sirchai likes this.