1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20 hour Thai Culture Training

Discussion in 'Teacher Licensing (TCT)' started by PLACE, 7 Sep 2012.

1. Henry

Henry New Member

Re: Kurusapa Thai Culture Training

Hi tiredtony please give me the address of this apartment you said near the place for getting my 20 hrs done & what is the name & address of the institute its little unclear,thanks for the help in advance,I am a newbie to this forum,please excuse.

2. crew

crew Faber College Member

and to think that some people question the organization providing these courses.
    because we all know how easy it is to get a refund in thailand.

tell us PLACE, if you're so interested in helping teachers, why are you giving advice such as that quoted above? you're doing it out of the goodness of your heart, aren't you? certainly no one encouraging people to pay for the course with the intent of getting a refund would have a vested interest in getting people to pay first and ask questions later. no, of course not...

3. wish

wish Member

Thai Culture and Teacher Professional Code of Ethics Course in Bangkok

Hi,

I got the information again on Thai Culture and Teacher Professional Code of Ethics Course provided by Private School Teachers' Association of Thailand (PSTAT).

4/516 Sahakorn Village, Seri Thai road, Klongkum , Buangkum, Bangkok.

Contact; Ms. Tess Zarate (organizer) 0851571910 or teszar2002@yahoo.com

The course is to be held on 29-31 October , 2-4 November and 9-11 December.

Please contact them for further details.

Hope this helps.

4. Henry

Henry New Member

Re: Thai Culture and Teacher Professional Code of Ethics Course in Bangkok

Hi,

I did contact the pstat at Beungkum Branch & the price was now 4500 baht,seems like its also fluctuating according to the demand,I wish it was just a requirement,but now seems like a little business involved:wai3:

5. RobertZimmerman

RobertZimmerman New Member

Well, 2 and a half months after doing it I finally got my certificate from the Thai culture course (see post 38).

Next step, the Thai teachers' license I guess...

6. bliss

bliss New Member

hello!

could you please tell me the name and contact number of the apartment..

Thanks,

7. MisterStretch

MisterStretch Guru di guru-guru Ingeris

bliss,

If you read through the entire thread, you should find the information you are looking for.

8. bliss

bliss New Member

Thanks MisterStretch but I already read the thread but still cant find the name and address of the apartment near PSTAT center.

9. MisterStretch

MisterStretch Guru di guru-guru Ingeris

I'm sure if you contact the center, they will know. That's generally how it's done.

10. magnumforce

magnumforce Active Member

Got this via email from PSTAT:
    "Just to inform you that the 20-hour thai culture course conducted by PSTAT will hold its last training on Dec.7-9. Please be aware that this training might be suspended again by next year (Nationwide) because the TCT might be changing/revising the policies again. NOTHING IS CERTAIN."

Also, the Pranakhorn Rajabhat crowd are saying something similar about possible new requirements starting next year and their course price is shooting up to at least 5,000THB w.e.f. 1 Jan, 2013.

Happy days are here again. Not. :no:

11. tiredtony

tiredtony Well-Known Member

I'm on her (Tess, the Filipino assistant) sms list too. I think this is the 3rd time they've announced that things might change soon. It's probably (hopefully) just a ploy to get bums on seats.

There's a really helpful member of K.S.P. in Supanburi.. I've phoned her a few times and she's always been really useful, even phoning for me to find out information. Her numbers on the KSP website under the (old) list of Thai culture course training providers.

- - - Updated - - -

The PSTAT centre won't necessarily know the apartment. I sourced it myself.

Go out on to the main road, turn left and it's 60 baht in a taxi on the left. Easy peasy. If you got yourself to Thailand, I'm sure you can find it. :smile2:

Google earth's a wonderful thing....

12. daiwill

daiwill Member

I think there is a way to avoid the TCT if you no ties to a particular area.
    This is to keep moving to a different area every two years.
    But you must move to a different educational area each time you do this. Then that area office will have to reissue the letter asking for a waiver to be granted. Ideal for teachers who are not intending to be here long term.

13. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

I have never said to anyone that i have a higher IQ than them

Having said that when i read the rules they do appear to be clear. Get the culture course and get the 4 tests. Where does it say that this is not the case? If it is the law then i'm ( not forcing you to) going to do it. I would rather have the piece of paper in my hand then the phrase " i read on line". Are these things enforced? May be not
    Are other people doing it? May be not
    Will things change in the future? May be not
    Is it going to change next year? May be not

I have a daughter and one on the way and i'm not going to let a month of mays (get the pun???) surprise me

love to all!!

14. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

I had a lengthy discussion on here with a former mod, and he pointed out that the KSP database is national. and your new waiver from your new school doesn't automatically restart the clock...

15. slamb

slamb Active Member

I had a discussion with a former colleague a few months back. He finally got his teacher's licence last year, almost 2 years after he finished his diploma in education. He said that 'they' had all of his work history, including his first job in Udon some 10 years ago; just another anecdote to add to the mix. :cool: