1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20 hour Thai Culture Training

Discussion in 'Teacher Licensing (TCT)' started by PLACE, 7 Sep 2012.

1. irishprincess

irishprincess New Member

I was told we will get it the end of the last day of classes.

2. magnumforce

magnumforce Active Member

Have you signed up for this already, irishprincess? How much did you pay in total please?

3. irishprincess

irishprincess New Member

My school is handling this for us. We were told the total cost will be 4500 baht. My school is taking care of registering those of us that need it. The announcement our Admin person distributed says there are 4 courses being held in October one Oct 8-10, the next Oct 15-17, Oct 22-24 and finally Oct 29-31. All courses will be held at PSTAT, 4/516 Sahakorn Village, Soi 21, Senthai Rd, Klong Kum, Bangkok The signup fee is 4500 Baht. That's all the info I have. She simply had us tell her which one we wanted to take, and she is registering us. Hope this helps.

4. magnumforce

magnumforce Active Member

It does. Many thanks. So, you're going for the PSTAT one. I was considering that too. I'll look into it with my colleague. She's in the same boat.

5. Jocool140

Jocool140 New Member

:confused:

6. irishprincess

irishprincess New Member

Yes, the PSTAT is the one I am going to. They are offering 4 in October. I don't know about the November schedule. The TCT website has PSTAT's contact information on the list of acceptable Thai Culture/Ethics Course providers.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the contact info for the one I am taking through PSTAT

4 The Private School Teachers’ Association of Thailand (PSTAT)
    4/516 Sahakorn Village, Kwaeng Klongkum, Khet Buengkum, Bangkok, 10240
    Tel. 02 379 7229 Fax. 02 379 7344

I should add...this is one of the ones showing on the TCT approved list. There are about 25 or so approved venues for this.

Last edited: 18 Sep 2012
  7. frenchie

frenchie New Member

This is good news. You are lucky that your school is paying for your training.

- - - Updated - - -

I already inquired about this 25 training institutions. It is an obsolete list. There are only 5 on a new list. I remembered only two government unis --Rajabhat Suan Dusit that offers the most expensive and Rajabhat Pharanakhon that offers the cheapest.

I was also informed that KSP only allows one batch per month. If PSTAT is giving 4 in October, that smells very fishy. Please advice before I join the same boat.

8. RobertZimmerman

RobertZimmerman New Member

I did the course a couple of months ago. I'm still waiting for the certificate though I'm told it's on the way. I'm not certain but I think it was 4500 baht + 1000 baht extra for the certificate (if it ever comes!). My school paid the whole cost.

Not too bad for me doing the couse in Bangkok as I live in Bangkok but I felt sorry for the teachers who had had to fly up from Hat Yai for the weekend (at their own expense). One teacher even told me that not only had he had to pay for the course, travel to Bangkok and accomodation but his school would dock his wages for missing the Friday (the course was Fri-Sun) :angry2:

As for the course itself, it wasn't as bad as it could have been (we visited a local temple one morning and also had a som-tam making lesson!) and we had an engaging teacher... But some of the content was ridiculous and certain aspects of it had been poorly thought out. Question 1 in our final 'test' was "what do you think about Thailand?" How are you supposed to answer that? How do they mark it? It could be quite interesting and useful I think but more work is needed. The optimist in me says maybe it'll improve with time.

9. frenchie

frenchie New Member

For now, I don't care about how they deliver the course. I need this certificate because it is required by our school, Labor, and Education ministries. Whether it is good or bad, please tell me the cheapest and the one that is near the domestic airport.

10. frenchie

frenchie New Member

Kurusapa Thai Culture Training

October now full. Mid November is next.[/QUOTE]

THANKS a lot to Thailand Teaching, Jilrob, magnumforce, irishprincess for posting the link. To all teachers please check this out. This place sounds OK. I will give 9 :clap: for this one till I get a much better place.

1. This is the only website that dares to post the approval they got from Kurusapa.

2. You can also double-check if you are already included in the list because confirmed names of participants are also posted.

3. The mode of payment is also convincing --payment is deposited to the name of the center and not just to an individual person. Corruption is still possible for organizer but a bit difficult.

4. Activities showed in the photo album seem to be fun. I also saw the pictures of Kurusapa directors supervising the seminar.

5. The map showed that this place is near Kasertsart which is also near Mor Chit Bus terminal, Laksi train station, and Don Muang airport so it is easier for teachers to travel from upcountry by bus or by plane or by train.

6. It has the cheapest fee compared with Suan Dusit (5K) and PSTAT (4.5K).

7. They offer the cheapest hotel accommodation too. It is only 700 baht. Less travel, less expenses.

8. They have all means of communication ie, email, mobilephones (not office phones), fax, and Facebook.

9. The best of all ----REFUND is possible if I decide not to join anymore.

So, I will pay for this one first and refund my payment as soon as I find the cheapest place.

bonjie -sawasdee

11. frenchie

frenchie New Member

Kurusapa Thai Culture Certificate

My friends told me that Kurusapa had just released the certificates :clap: since they re-introduced the Thai Culture Training in July 2012. They are very excited. Prayers answered. :thai wai: Kob Khun Krap

12. PLACE

PLACE Thread Starter New Member

Re: Kurusapa Thai Culture Certificate

The news is real. Kurusapa has already released the certificates of all Thai culture participants. It's time to celebrate.

thai culture training certificate.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Apr 2015
  13. PLACE

PLACE Thread Starter New Member

Re: Kurusapa Thai Culture Training

The list of 25 institutes that appears online is an obsolete one. At present, there are only selected places and they are not published online. Perhaps, Kurusapa does not want to endorse any places to avoid the same problems they had in the past.

I got my certificate from Phranakhon but their monthly batches are being filled up so fast. I suggest you pay first and demand a refund later. You can contact the following centers for more information and decide:

Rajabhat Suan Dusit Brochure http://lc.pnru.ac.th/files/Culture/Thai%20Culture%20Training%20br.pdf
    Rajabhat Phranakhon Brochure Thai Culture and Teacher Professional Code of Ethics (20 hours)
    PSTAT: no available brochure but i have an address (many thanks to irishprincess)

4 The Private School Teachers’ Association of Thailand (PSTAT)
    4/516 Sahakorn Village, Kwaeng Klongkum, Khet Buengkum, Bangkok, 10240
    Tel. 02 379 7229 Fax. 02 379 7344

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Apr 2015
  14. thaitea

thaitea New Member

The third one is a questionable institution for me.

- - - Updated - - -

I already searched it but not even an official website or any credible links appear.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing appears except blogs and fora that are full of negative feedback from teachers who attended their training.

15. tiredtony

tiredtony Well-Known Member

I did mine there. No worries. The owner's a big cheese at Kru Sapa. There were 70 x 4000 baht people there. Oh, and her daughter was the 'instructor'

Kerchinnnnnnnnnnnnng!!

There's a nice apartment building nearby too that does a nightly rate for 500 baht. :celebrate: